Apparently I don't update the blog enough. . . . but sometimes the day to day living just doesn't make for an interesting read. I did go to Dubai yesterday, and I even brought my camera. . . but stupid me, I didn't check the batteries in advance and when I went to take the first shot I realized that the camera had no power. So needless to say, this is going to be an entry without any photographs.
A week ago, my passport was returned to me with my residency visa so I am now working legally. I'll also be able to travel without having any issues. For some reason not having that passport really made me feel trapped here, but now I know that I can come and go as I please. I'm thinking in the coming weeks I may try and make a trip into Oman. For that I will definitely need to take pictures.
Thursday after school I spent 5 hours trying to sort out my Emirates Identity Card. First it began with having my passport translated in a typing office. Then I spent hours just sitting in this massive room with migrant workers having to do the same thing as me. When I was finally called up it was relatively quick and painless. . . just a photograph, finger and palm prints. I was then provided with a paper which will allow me to get my UAE driver's license. Apparently, I will need to have my Ontario license translated and then authenticated by the Canadian Embassy prior to registering here.
I have a little of a week of school left before our Eid break. I must say that I really need a break at this point as I feel like I've been run ragged over the past couple months. Today I started a round of antibiotics to fight off this throat/nose thing I have going on. I should be finished them by next Saturday and hopefully I'll be feeling well by then.
I was supposed to book the Christmas trip to Thailand yesterday but it didn't happen. Maybe later this week. Thanks for the nudge Sheila!
No comments:
Post a Comment