So I thought I should make another blog entry before people begin to wonder if I have been swallowed up by a sand dune or something. It's been an interesting few days, yet not much has really happened. As you may recall, I spent several hours last week to obtain my Emirates Identity Card (I actually only received the receipt, but it's all that I needed). Getting this card was necessary because it is needed for obtaining services such as a driver's license.
Well yesterday, I took the plunge and got the driver's license. It was a bit of an ordeal though because I had to first take the Ontario license for translation and then have it authenticated by the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Luckily, there was a company here who handled everything for me but it did come at a price of 250 dirhams. Anyway, when that was returned to me I just had to go to the traffic area and obtain a license. I must say it was the least painful process that I have gone through here. I think it took a total of about 15 minutes once I actually found the building. So I have a license which is good until 09/11/2020. I almost find it comical that it's good for a full 10 years. 2020 seems so far away from now, but I suppose in reality it is closer than I think.
I have also just finished booking a trip for the Philippines. I will leave Saturday and return on Friday. I don't plan on spending the entire time in Manila - I will probably catch a domestic flight to one of the southern provinces and just chill out on a beach. If I don't take pictures on this trip you can officially beat me up the next time that you see me. On a similar note, I have booked the trip to Thailand for Dec 17 - Dec 29. I am just so grateful that I will have all of these travel opportunities while living so far from home.
School is officially done for the Eid break, and I couldn't be happier. Please don't expect any more updates for at least a few days. But before I go, I just want to say thank you to my friends who have been working at vacating my Toronto apartment for me. You have no idea how much I appreciate this!
No comments:
Post a Comment